Welcome to oaks ‘n acorns
We are all “all-under-one-roof” Children’s Activity Studio (recreational facility) located at 1856 Danforth Ave in Toronto. We feature an in-studio cafe for patrons who attend class or who join us for a play visit. We offer more then 30-classes per week primarily for 0-4-year-olds, but also offer classes for 4-8-year olds on the weekend as well as camps, kids-night-out, and special events.
Our studio was created for parents by two moms who wanted to create a safe and enjoyable place for parents and children where they could foster positive connections with their children as well as with each other. We invite you to join our community of like-minded parents.
A play visit is a great way to come and check us out for the very first time. No reservation is required, and you can join us anytime Mon-Fri from 9 AM – 3 PM (please check our studio hours at the very bottom of each page for any closure dates before coming).
Admission is $7 for one child, and siblings receive a 20% discount. There is no charge for babies under 4-months.
What is included in a play visit?
Our studio holds several play-zone areas including:
- A baby dedicated play-zone (great for 0-2-year olds) with lots of sensory toys
- A giant Duplo table (all ages loves this)
- A toddler room featuring a play kitchen, a dollhouse, puppets, baby-dolls & stroller, books for all ages, and a play-house.
- An interactive magnet wall
- An Arts & Craft table set up for crafty creations (note not offered when a class is in session)
- Additional Bonus – Select hours only: A big soft padded gym with swings, monkey ropes, trampoline, obstacle course, balls, and hula-hup rings. Please check our “open-gym hours” for when this gym studio is open, found at the very bottom of each page.
Programs are what we specialize in! At our studio, you will find more then 30-classes running per week, and all of our classes include complimentary play-time before and after your class in our studio, so check out all of our classes below:
- Baby Sensory Classes such as: “Baby Sign Language”, “Baby Songs, Stories & Puppets”, “Baby Explorers” (from 0-16-months)
- Gym Classes such as: “Tots Activity Gym”, “Gym Tots 1 & 2,” and Gym 3 (from 16m – 5-yrs).
- Dance Classes such as: “Mini Dance Due – Creative Movement”, “Lil’ Fairytale Ballet”, “Lil’Big Top Hip Hop”, Fairytale Ballet, and “Intro to Dance” (from 18m-6-yrs)
- Music Classes such as: “Baby Songs, Stories & Puppets”, “Jumpin’ Jukebox”, and “Mini Glee” (from 4-months – 4-years).
- Arts & Craft Classes such as “Lil’ Art Stories” and seasonal Bake & Craft workshops
- Lil’ Learners Preschool – An academic learning program for children aged 2.5-4-yrs taking place 2 or 3-mornings per week.
- Seasonal Camps including March Break, Summer Camps and PA Days for 4-8-year olds.
You can find our full class schedule including class descriptions via the top menu under the ‘PROGRAMS’ tab.
What does it cost to join a class?
Generally, it ranges between $150-$200 per program. We price our programs based on the number of sessions and most programs run between 8-10-weeks.
What if I want to join a class that has already started?
You sure can. Just call us (416-425-3213), and we can pro-rate the term for you if there is still space available.
Can I try just one class?
Yes, you can. We offer single session classes for $25 (+hst), just call us to reserve a spot (online booking is not available for single sessions) 416-425-3213 or email us at email@example.com
Our in-studio cafe is just for clients who are on site for either a class or via a play-visit. Our cafe serves up yummy daily baked goodies daily such as muffins and cookies, and we have a great selection of panini pressed sandwiches and kid-friendly favourites (say Grilled Cheese!).
Lots of coffee drinks are also on our menu and we serve up the most delicious Reunion Island coffee sure to please all parents.
Our deli fridge is stocked with snack items such as yoghurt drinks, cheese strings and fruit squeeze pouches.
*We appreciate no-outside food when possible as we do have lots on our own menu but we also understand that allergy and dietary restrictions can be a big concern so in those cases an exception is made to our no-outside food rule. Same goes for baby food. When in doubt, please ask.
We have lots of highchairs and a microwave that we can heat up home-brought baby food in.
New Client Offer
If you are a new client, or if you have not visited us in more then 2-years, we have a great intro offer for you to check out.
– 1-Single Session Class ($25 value)
– 3-Play Visits ($21 value)
– Valid for 2-months from date of purchase
Once purchased, please visit us in-studio to schedule your class visit (cannot be booked online), or call us at (416) 425-3213. Offer valid for our Danforth location only and is non-refundable and non-transferable.
If you still have questions please do not hesitate to contact us via below email form, or give us a call at 416-425-3213 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting you and having you join our community of parents and children.